Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Having a 'Ruff' Day?

In my family, we give gifts to our dogs. We celebrate their birthdays and they make out like bandits at Christmas time. I made this as a late birthday gift for Jack, my Mom's dog. Actually, my dog made it for Jack. (wink) If you haven't met Jack, he's something else. He makes an appearance at the store from time to time.

I cut sheet of paper to 5" x 11" and scored an inch in the middle to support the bones in the bag. I then punched the grass on green paper, layered it over the cloud paper, by A Muse. Once the paper is secured to the front, I used a Nestabilities circle die to create the window. The dog stamp is from a set from The Greeting Farm which we have in stock. I colored the dog with Copics and played around with his markings. All of their markings vary so it's easy to color them. You just have to get creative. The shirt he's wearing was paper pieced. Any small pattern will work.

This would make a cute gift for any dog lover and it's not difficult!

1 comment: